Join our Green Life Changing Program and support the world with trees.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
On a personal level — what we eat, what we wear, how we use transportation, how we live, what we buy — there is an ecological price to pay for our choices. On a larger scale — corporations, service bureaus, cattle farms, fuel industries, car dealers, grocery stores, malls — they all have an ecological impact on the environment as well as on the world’s ecosystems.
Our planet is 4.5 billion years old. In the past 200 years alone, we've destroyed 50% of the world's forests. The number of people increased in the same period from one billion to almost eight billion. The extra greenhouse gases in our atmosphere have caused global warming, and we can see the effects: melting glaciers, more severe draughts, floods, and hurricanes more than what is normally expected. The lifestyle in the western world is hard to change to combat the threats of an increasingly warmer planet. But there is one great solution that can reduce carbon emissions and make our conscience better when consuming or producing goods — PLANTING TREES.
Trees4Cars' Green Life Changing Program can help you or your company to offset your carbon emissions and reduce your carbon footprint by donating trees with us. We have partnered with Better Globe Forestry Ltd. in Kenya to plant our donors’ trees. Unlike other organizations that offer tree planting as part of carbon offsets, the trees we plant through Better Globe Forestry make a bigger sustainable impact through principles of social entrepreneurship.
- We plant indigenous tree species that grow in semi-arid areas, like melia volkensii. This tree species was almost extinct until Better Globe Forestry started nursing it in 2004, and today you can find this plant in the millions.
- By planting trees in semi-arid areas, we mitigate deforestation, erosion, and desertification.
- Planting trees provides jobs for hundreds of locals and helps families thrive.
- Better Globe Forestry funds microfinance banks to help local communities create businesses and increase their income and wealth.
- We help renovate schools for children, which makes it easier for families to stay and see their children receive care.
- We support investing in water basins and water capturing systems for schools, which provide water for children and even their families during periods of draught.
- In addition to tree plantations, Better Globe Forestry plants trees on the land of more than 15,000 partner farmers. The farmers receive our tree seedlings and are trained thoroughly in how to grow the trees and to take care of them till they are ready for harvesting. The trees are planted among food crops on the farmers' land and provide shadow for the food crops, protection for wind and erosion, and help keep the soil moist by water retention. The survival rate of the food crops increases dramatically when combined with tree planting, which makes it easier for farmers to survive and stay on their farms.
- The partner farmers receive a second income opportunity as they can also make money when harvesting designated trees. Some of the trees can be harvested after just 2-3 years, after which the farmers can start collecting moringa leaves, mango, and other fruits. Other trees we plant are mahogany. It takes about 15 years to harvest them, as they first must grow big enough before getting cut and replanted with new ones. Note that a tree obtains a lot more carbon when it is young and growing, compared to an old tree. Cutting trees when they get mature, but not old, and replanting them, has a lot larger impact on the carbon footprint than leaving the trees uncut. The market demand for mahogany trees is high, while the supply is low. A controlled production, harvesting, and replanting of mahogany trees for the aim of selling them on the market will reduce the need for cutting trees in the rainforests, which are the lungs of the world and provide an incredible diversity for all kind of life.
- Donating a tree can be cheap, but will lack in all aspects of giving the tree proper growing conditions, and protection from wildfire, insects, diseases, and certain animals. With the professional skills from the well-reputed Better Globe Forestry in Kenya and their training of thousands of partner farmers, your trees are planted in the best sustainable ways and provide such a positive ecological and social impact on the environment and communities.
Does it Really Work?
People and businesses are forced to paying fees to reduce or neutralize their carbon footprint and one can start wondering why are greenhouse gases still increasing? Are the fee system and methods used for carbon reduction really working?
Norway invested $1.8 billion into the Amazon Fund between 2008 and 2018 to prevent, monitor and combat deforestation, ultimately to reduce the country's carbon footprint. But the rainforest destruction has instead surged after Brazil’s right-wing President Jair Bolsonaro took office in January 2019. Companies and people paid a price for these carbon quotas, which had no sustainable effect.
The tax on greenhouse gas emissions, including the CO2 tax, together with emission quotas, are the authority's most important instruments for ensuring lower greenhouse gas emissions, which seem far to be perfect. Personally, you may switch old windows in your home, get an electric car, stop eating beef, etc. which are great measures, but none of them would make a big enough impact on the ecosystem, unless everyone does the same.
We have to pay a price for our carbon footprint and today, the focus is on fees without rewards, and the greenhouse gases keep increasing. So, what can we do?
Planting trees the way we do is a sustainable solution to reduce CO2 emissions to the atmosphere, in addition to all the other aspects of social entrepreneurship and positive impact on the ecosystem discussed above. But we are not stopping there...
As a Thank You...
It is rewarding to reduce your carbon footprint, for supporting our work in poverty-stricken communities, and to help make semi-arid areas green again. In appreciation to your support, Better Globe Forestry may share part of their net profit.
Persian Lilac (Melia azedarach) is one of the mahogany tree species that Better Globe Forestry plants. It grows very fast and only needs as little as a 15-year life cycles. After 15 years, the mahogany trees have matured and are ready to be cut, sold, and replanted with new trees. This stimulates towards the market demand for trees and will capture more carbon than leaving trees uncut.
Better Globe Forestry has ambitions to plant as many trees as there are people on earth and help local communities to thrive out of poverty. They have been working on maybe the most unique system in the world since 2004, and have developed a masterous way to not only involve thousands of partner farmers to plant trees, but to invest in the growth of the communities.
The partner farmers keep 100 percent of the profit from half of the donated trees to further develop their farms. Most of Better Globe Forestry's profit goes back into their social enterprise to boost all activities towards the main goal of planting 9 billion trees.
Your support is priceless. As a token of appreciation, Better Globe Forestry may share some of their future profit with tree donators, as part of their social enterprise.
How Many Trees to Buy
Three of our trees equal about one ton of carbon. A household of one person may have 10 tons of yearly greenhouse gases, which equals 30 trees. A family of four may have 30 tons, which equals 90 trees. If you want to carbon neutralize your own or family's emission based on exact materialistic lifestyle, you may want to use one or more of the CO2 tools that you find in a Google search. Companies would need specialized and often expensive CO2 calculations from professionals. In our opinion, none of these tools can ever calculate the exact emissions. What matters is that you want to contribute to plant trees to support the ecosystem and to help our cause.
We would love to have the whole world population of 8 billion people donating trees to combat climate change, but we are not that fortunate. Though you may not need many trees for your own carbon emissions, we still recommend everyone to donate 10 or more trees per month to make a bigger impact in our work for a greener world. Each tree costs 10 Euros (or NOK 100).
We have an enormous area of land to cover with trees, so please sign up with us today and let us take care of all the work to reduce your carbon footprint in perhaps the best sustainable and rewarding way in the whole world.
Please fill out the form below to join our Green Life Changing Program.
Trees4Cars offers the most unique Green Life Changing Program for car dealers and buyers, and everyone else who wants to do something about their carbon footprint. Donating trees with us has a huge positive environmental, social, and economical impact.
If you need help, please click on the chat button or send an email to .